Sun, 27 Nov 2011 by Keystone Homes
Are you in the process of buying a new home in Augusta, GA? If so, you’ll certainly have a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving! And what better way to say thanks, than to host a Thanksgiving dinner for your family and friends?
Here are a few tips for hosting that special holiday meal in your new home in Augusta, GA:
1. Plan menu early – Think about what you want to serve ahead of time. This way you can shop for necessary ingredients, centerpieces, etc. and have everything ready in plenty of time.
2. Ask for help – Don’t think you have to do all the work by yourself. Enlist family members and friends to contribute some of the menu items such as dessert.
3. Less is more – There’s really no reason why you need to have an abundance of side dishes. More food just means more work, and probably excess leftovers! Keep the menu simple, with dishes that everyone can enjoy.
4. Get your house in order – Clean your house thoroughly a week before so you only have to tidy up on Thanksgiving Day. (Check out this handy article: 10 Steps to Clean Your House FAST)
5. Cook ahead – Once you have your menu set, think about what you can make ahead of time, and store in the refrigerator or freezer. Cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole and pumpkin pie can all be made ahead of time. Whatever you can do early will help you to minimize the cooking stress, and enjoy the holiday.
6. Get plenty of rest – Make sure you get a good night’s sleep in the days before Thanksgiving so you’ll be well-rested and ready for action.
7. Give Thanks! – Once everyone arrives, hand them a drink, point them toward the appetizers, and let them entertain themselves while you finish up. Don’t worry about serving dinner at a precise time. Once everyone settles down at the table, give thanks for those who helped with the preparation of your delicious meal. Then, you can all enjoy this first Thanksgiving in your new home in Augusta, GA.
If you’re searching for top quality home construction, unparalleled customer service, spacious floor plans and affordable prices, look no further than Keystone Homes. Keystone is committed to building more home for less! Visit our website to learn how you can own a brand new home in Augusta, GA.??